|Protecting Your Possessions
You've spent a lifetime collecting personal possessions and furnishings that have both intrinsic and sentimental value. We offer several options for protecting your possessions during the move. The one you select sets the limits of your mover's liability for any loss or damage to your belongings. Please take time to review and understand your options:
For Local and Intra-state Moves
- Compliance with state regulations.
For Interstate Moves
For International Moves
National Van Lines offers two options for protecting your international shipment:
- “Release Rate” Valuation of 30¢ per pound per article – this is minimal coverage liability that is provided at no charge to you. This typically does not cover the actual cost of replacing or repairing your goods in the event of loss or damage.
- Full Replacement Value protection which may be purchased for an additional fee. If you choose this option, you will be provided with a Valued Inventory form to complete on which you declare the replacement value of each item.
- The minimum recommended declaration is $10.00 per pound (so that for example, a 10,000 lbs. shipment will be valued at a minimum of $100,000).
- Full Value Replacement coverage is available at the following rates:
- Surface Shipments: $25 per $1,000 valuation
- Air Shipments:$20 per $1,000 valuation
- Automobiles:$25 per $1,000 valuation
- Permanent Storage:$1.50 per $1,000 valuation per month
- To learn more about minimums and deductibles and to confirm exact rates for your specific shipment, please contact Folkestad Moving Services LLC directly at 928-771-2704 or email@example.com